Olympic Centre “Ventspils” Ltd is one of the largest and most modern sports complexes in Latvia engaging in popularisation of the Olympic movement, promotion of high professional sports achievements and development of mass sports.
Under the management of the Olympic Centre “Ventspils” there are:
- Basketball and Ice halls,
- Water amusement park,
- Sports hall “Pārventa”,
- Football stadium on Katoļu Street 40,
- Sports hall “Centre”,
- Skate park,
- “Beach Aqua Park”,
- Skiing hill “Lemberg’s Trilby” and “Adventure Park” .
Owners of the equity captal of the Olympic Centre “Ventspils” are Ventspils State City Municipality and Latvian Olympic Committee.
The idea bout creation of Olympic centres in Latvia first appeared at the end of the year 1994 when first Olympic centres in Ventspils and Daugavpils were created. In 2009, such centres were working as independent sports organizations already in 10 municipalities.
During the last years the Olympic Centre has held large scale culture and sports events: the Olympic Games of Latvia, Youth Olympic Games of Latvia, World championships in ice hockey for women and youth, competitions in track and field athletics “Ventspls šķēpi” and the Cup of the Olympic champion Dainis Kūla in javelin-throwing, European Championship in short track and orienting sports etc. One of the traditions is to host the final concert of the song competition “Muzikālā banka”.
The Olympic Centre “Ventspils” not only provides access to sports complexes corresponding to international demands, but also provide financial support to talented and promising sportsmen within the framework of the programme “High Class Sportsmen and Perspective Ventspils Sportsmen Support” (Augstas klases sportistu un Ventspils perspektīvo sportistu atbalstīšana). Every day sports clubs from more than 30 cities are practicing in the sports complexes of Olympic Centre “Ventspils”; furthermore teams from all over the country and also from abroad come here to fulfil their sports skills.
Sports and Recreations Complexes
The Olympic Centre “Ventspils” oversees and manages the largest sports complexes in Ventspils:
- The central sports complex with basketball and ice hall, track and field athletics arena and stadium with two football pitches, track and field athletics sector and tennis courts on Sporta Street 7/9:
- Summer SkatePark - Sporta Street 5
- Football stadium - Katoļu Street 40
- Water Amusement Park with a small and large swimming pool - Lauku Street 5
- Sports hall “Center” - Brīvības Street 14
- Sports hall „Pārventa” - Tārgales Street 5b
The Olympic Cnetre “Ventpils” also oversees the objects of active recreation –
- Beach Aqua Park (Medņu Street 19 - www.pludmalesakvaparks.lv)
- “Adventure Park” with the most popular object – skiing hill “Lemberga Hūte” (Saules Street 141 - www.piedzivojumuparks.lv and www.lembergahute.lv).
- You can enjoy water attractions and SPA services in the Water Amusement Park on Lauku Street 5 (www.udensparks.lv)
- However those who have decided to stay in Ventspils for more than one day, we can offer to stay in the hotel of the Olympic Centre “Ventpils” (Prospect Lielais 33 - www.hotelocventspils.lv).